“The musicians were fantastic! They really made the party and filled the room.” – Rebekah Brenchley
Photos coming soon…
“Thanks very much – they were a delight to have along. The music was amazing. The girls were so beautifully presented. We will definitely be back for future events.” Tessa
Photo credit: @eunbeelee
I just wanted to say a big thank you for our wedding day.
It was such a nice touch having you guys at our ceremony. Everyone commented on how well you guys played.
Have a great day!
Lovely feedback from a wedding Stringspace played at last Sunday at Altitude Restaurant:
“I just wanted to say thank you so much. The string quartet was the perfect addition to our ceremony and so many people made comments to the same effect.”
Stringspace performed at the Pink Ladies Luncheon at The Sofitel, Brisbane yesterday. The wonderful Ita Buttrose was guest-speaker (string duo)
Crestone Wealth Management – Senior Stakeholders Cocktail Party, Collins Street, Melbourne
Private viewing of the Art Gallery of NSW’s Archibald Exhibition – Herbert Smith Freehills event – Thursday 17th August 2017
Lovely feedback from yesterday’s event at The National Portrait Gallery.
Vanessa and Michael were amazing last night, they did an exceptional job & I felt very privileged that they performed at my event.
Regards, Michael – National Australia Bank
Tonight we have a string duo performing at a private event for The National Australia Bank at the National Portrait Gallery in Canberra.
Here are a few more photos from our Music of the Forest Sydney Opera House Concerts. We’ve had eight more performances since Friday, with today being our last day. Thank you to the Opera House for having us. It’s been amazing!
We had two fun Music of the Forest Stringspace String Quartet concerts at the Sydney Opera House today. It was Bridget’s official first day playing the solo 1st violin parts and she was awesome! Bridget had the whole Utzon Room audience up on their feet clapping and dancing!
Here are a few pre-concert warm-up rehearsal and post-show pics.
Today we had two more great Music of the Forest concerts at the Sydney Opera House!
Today Stringspace performed three String Quartet concerts at The Sydney Opera House for the Opera House’s Music of the Forest series today. It has been such a treat having Sally Cooper up from Melbourne performing as a violin soloist with our Sydney players! She’s always brilliant!
Vogue Magazine was keen to see a clip of Caterina singing in advance of their Omega watches event that’s coming up, so we’ve jumped ahead to SQ6 and made them one. They liked it and have confirmed their booking. Enjoy!
Today we started with 3 string quartet concerts at the Sydney Opera House, and then later Bridget and Ollie performed at a lovely wedding at Paperbark Grove, Centennial Park.
Today we had Music of the Forest Concerts 8 – 10 at the Sydney Opera House.
This morning we had Music of the Forest Concerts 6 & 7 at the Sydney Opera House.
Today we had a quick warm up rehearsal before concerts 4 and 5 at the Sydney Opera House.
Today we had our first three Sydney Opera House concerts for Music of the Forest. They went great!
Today we had a Stringspace orchestra rehearsal for our Sydney Opera House concert series “Music of the Forest”. The concerts will be string quartets, but almost all our musicians who are playing in the series came along to this rehearsal in the Utzon Room.
Photo credit: Derek Henderson/Vogue Magazine
Everything was great last week and Harry did a great job.
Thanks for organizing everything.
Manager, Special Events
Sydney Opera House
Photo credit: Ros Kavanagh
This is our third event for Alfred. They organise lots of amazing events, including the TEDx talks at the Opera House.
Happy long weekend everyone!
“Just wanted to say thank you. The string quartet was fantastic!
They took requests and were just great. You will be top of mind for any future events 🙂 “
Photo credit: Georgia Verrels
We have just reached 50,000 subscribers on our YouTube channel StringspaceLive! Thank you to everyone for watching our clips!
This is our second time organising concert music for the TV show Q & A.
We’ve just been watching the fantastic cover of Sia’s Chandelier in the Classic FM office, and we absolutely love it! I’m pretty sure our online audience would love it too, so I’m wondering if you’d allow us to host the original video on our Facebook page and on ClassicFM.com? Obviously, you’re used to getting views in the millions, but I’m hoping that Chandelier will do really well if we share on our highly engaged Facebook page – and we’d, of course, tag you and provide links.
Do let me know if you’d be happy to proceed!
Today Vogue Magazine were at our family home, otherwise known as the Stringspace film set!
Big congratulations to Audrey for achieving an A+ in her violin exam at the Sydney Conservatorium today! Here’s a photo of Audrey performing at the Sydney Opera House with Stringspace in the Opera House’s Kids Music Cafe Series.
Photo credit: Jonathan Cami for Etihad/Sydney Opera House
Lucie – the music was wonderful! The party was a huge success and Stringspace definitely set the tone!
Thanks for your help.
Another lovely review on Easy Weddings:
A lovely pic from one of our events on Saturday. We had a string quartet at Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, a string quartet at St Mary’s, Concord, a string duo at the Melbourne Town Hall, a String Quartet at Doltone House, Pyrmont and a String Trio at the NSW State Library.
Today Stringspace had a repeat string quartet booking at an intimate birthday party lunch for twelve at The Currant Shed in Adelaide. Our string quartet was asked to do everything the same as last time – same music, same players if possible.
In Brisbane, our strings + flute were at The Princess Theatre in Brisbane to rehearse and perform in a Persian music concert. Our musicians were playing with singer + piano, and along to a backing track.
Here’s some lovely feedback from the show’s musical director:
Many thanks indeed for booking the ensemble for tonight’s concert. They are great players, fun to be with and made everything easy.
Today Stringspace had a meeting with the Sydney Opera House to talk through programming and performing 28 concerts coming up in July & August at the Opera House this year. Also, in talks for doing more concerts in 2018. We’re excited!! Love working with the Opera House.
Recently we added a French Horn, Clarinet, and Percussion to our usual string quartet line up to make an orchestral sound for the Sydney Opera House. Stringspace musicians were hired to trial two acoustic setups over a full day, so final decisions on the new acoustics being installed in the Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House could be made. Our musicians were then asked to give their preference. They really enjoyed the experience.
The Joan Sutherland Theatre is the home of The Australian Ballet and Opera Australia (previously known as The Opera Theatre), it was such an honour to be asked by the Sydney Opera House’s Director of Performing Arts to provide all the musicians for this landmark decision.
The concert was of Final Fantasy music and was a big success! We were an 11 piece orchestra – string quintet, guitar/ukulele, flute/piccolo, clarinet, trumpet, percussion/drum kit and piano. Kristian Winther was leading.
A few rehearsal pics:
Guests include Australian composers Ross Edwards, Elena Kats-Chernin, and Australian dancer and choreographer Meryl Tankard
Our string quartet performed three sets with Jade MacRae onstage at The Ivy Bar Ballroom for March Into Merivale. Some of the included songs were: Here Comes the Sun, Diamonds, Kissing You and Empire State of Mind. It was a big success with Merivale’s saying it was “a magical performance”. They sounded AMAZING!
Tonight Stringspace were at Crown in Melbourne. Our musicians were playing at a small intimate dinner for four. They performed 3 songs as a client gift: Autumn Leaves, Por Una Cabeza, and the Libertango.
Here’s an excellent review of our Sydney Opera House Kids Music Cafe concert series:
Sending a big shout-out of thanks to our friends @enerds who have offered to completely look after and maintain our email from now on. You guys are such legends!! It’s been great hanging out & getting to know you all more at your North Sydney offices this week. Enerds also look after Sydney Festival’s entire computer system, so we’re in excellent hands!
Another shout-out to the fabulous Alex Avery of alexavery.com.au for all your time and upcoming help with the behind-the-scenes maintenance of our website.
Feeling very lucky to have you all around!
In other news, we had another concert at the Opera House this morning. The ABC came along and said they are interested in filming our concerts for TV!
In the morning we had another fun concert for the Sydney Opera House at the Sydney Opera House, and then in the evening Stringspace provided a solo piano player to perform as 1400 guests arrived at the magnificent State Theatre for the latest Walt Disney movie premiere.
Today Audrey joined our March Concert Series at the Sydney Opera House with a little violin solo. She was great!
This morning we were rehearsing and then performing at the Opera House for the new Kids Music Cafe series. We included Bach, Handel, Beethoven, and Vivaldi. It was really fun!
More happy feedback:
“Everything went really well. The quartet was wonderful. We really enjoyed having them there.” Lily – Circa The Prince, St Kilda
Our band has put together a playlist to match the client’s request of upbeat music with a good vibe. It includes some Beatles – Here Comes the Sun, Stevie Wonder, & Taylor Swift + their usual very cool Latin jazz like Corcovado & The Girl From Ipanema. They are going to sound amazing!
“The musicians were fantastic.” – Jessica Sweeney
– Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet
Today we added a French Horn, Clarinet, and Percussion to our string quartet to make a small orchestra for the Sydney Opera House. Stringspace musicians were used to trial two acoustic setups so that final decisions on the new acoustics being installed in the Opera House could be made.
Australian Meteorological & Oceanographic Society dinner at The National Arboretum, Canberra
“Thanks for yesterday – it was absolutely fantastic.” Jennifer – National Gallery of Australia – Versailles Exhibition
The couple went together to a concert at the Opera House and then happened to walk by while we play their song. Anyway, it all worked beautifully and she said yes!
Just wanted to extend a BIG thank you for Saturday. With your help, I have not only succeeded in getting a “yes” from the most wonderful girl I’ve ever known, but I think we also succeeded in raising the bar a few notches for all the other young couples out there!
…we won’t ever forget such an awesome experience.
“I wanted to ask if you could please pass on my thanks to Matt for yesterday. His music was so lovely and provided a wonderful backdrop to the reception.” Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet
2017 Australian of the Year Awards ceremony live ABC TV broadcast at Parliament House, Canberra
“I loved your guys – they were fantastic. All incredible talents and on the money musically. Can’t wait to work with them again!”
Please pass on our heartfelt thanks to Jade MacRae and the members of the string quartet who played so beautifully, it was just magic.
Thanks again for everything, it was a wonderful day and we had so many comments on how great the string quartet and Jade were.
Thanks so much for booking Kristian & Michelle for us. They were absolutely fantastic to work with and really enhanced the songs.
Hello! Welcome to 2017!
In 2017 our Stringspace events included:
- Jade MacRae and Band Performing at the Opening of the Making Modernism Exhibition for the Art Gallery of NSW
- William Barton 45-minute Pre-Show Concert for TV show Q&A at Parliament House – Solo Didgeridoo
- Music of the Forest Concert Series for the Sydney Opera House at the Sydney Opera House
- Christian Dior Exhibition Dinner at the National Gallery of Victoria for the National Gallery of Victoria – String Trio
- Sydney Opera House Opening Night of Peter & The Wolf – solo jazz piano
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Private viewing of the Archibald Exhibition – Art Gallery of NSW – String Duo
- James Bond-themed birthday party – string quartet
- Rialto Tower – Solo Cellist
- Nespresso Vertuo Activation – Solo Violinists to perform in-store each Friday and Saturday during November/December.
- Carolina Clothes Store Opening, Neutral Bay – Solo Jazz sax
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Client Dinner Party (jazz band)
- Lendlease Cocktail Party for the Property Council of Australia at Barangaroo – String Trio
- State Library of Victoria “Thank You” event (string duo)
- Pink Ladies Luncheon hosted by Ita Buttrose – Brisbane
- Royal Automobile Club of Queensland – Cocktail Party – String Trio
- Crystal Cruises “Bach Cruise” Launch – Stringspace Orchestra
- Chifley Tower Art Opening – string quartet
- Herbert Smith Freehills client event – Latino guitar & bass duo
- Clyde & Co. Art Auction, Perth – String Duo
- NAB Event at the National Portrait Gallery, Canberra – String Duo
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Corporate Client Christmas Party – Solo Jazz Piano
- Providence Client Christmas Party at The Establishment Hotel, Sydney – String Duo
- Crestone Wealth Management Client Cocktail Party: Collins Street, Melbourne – String Quartet
- National Bank of Australia client party at the National Museum of Australia, Canberra – String Trio
- Eq Tower Opening Launch Party @ L’Abeckett Street, Melbourne – String Duo
- 50th Anniversary Party for Harry Seidler’s Australia Square at Australia Square – String Quartet
- Murdoch School of Law – End of Year Reception Party – String Duo
- Concert celebration at NEP Studios – Stringspace Orchestra, Sydney
- University of Queensland’s Award Ceremony – Jazz/pop Band
- Chinese Property Development client event at Collins Street, Melbourne – Solo Cellist
- Madgwick Lawyers Melbourne Office Opening – string quartet
- Tianjin Airlines Launch at The Melbourne Aquarium – interactive jazz band performance
- Solo Violin CD to be played in 11 Nespresso Stores throughout Australia
- Mallesons Lawyers event at The Christian Dior Exhibition, National Gallery of Victoria
- Shine Awards Night at The Brisbane Town Hall – String Quartet
- Data Processor’s Annual Christmas Party at Walsh Bay – String Quartet
- Prime Minister’s Awards Ceremony at The National Arboretum, Canberra – jazz band
- The Gin Palace’s 20th Anniversary Party @ The Gin Palace, Melbourne – 1950’s Lounge Band
- VIP Toyota Australia Private Dinner Concert – String Quartet
- City of Adelaide’s National Volunteer’s Week celebration – String Duo
- The Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet – Luncheon in Honour of the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu
- Xiamen Airlines Thank You Dinner at Crown, Melbourne – String Quartet
- Chifley Tower Christmas Entrance Foyer Music – 1 week – String Quartet
- The Biggest Morning Tea Fundraiser at The Melbourne Town Hall – String Duo
- Pink Ladies Luncheon hosted by Former Governor General Quentin Bryce at the National Gallery of Australia
- March Into Merivale hosted by Justin Hemmes at The Ivy Bar – Jade MacRae singing with our strings
- The Sydney Opera House – we trialled two acoustic setups so final decisions on the new acoustics being installed in the Opera House could be made. Our string quartet expanded to become a small orchestra with French Horn, Clarinet & Percussion
- NSW Art Gallery dinner event for Steven Lowy
- Herbert Smith Freehills Annual Wine Tasting Dinner – Solo Jazz Guitarist
- Objective Corporation Christmas Party – String Duo
- Australian Meteorological & Oceanographic Society dinner party at the National Arboretum, Canberra
- Recording session at Sing Sing Studios Melbourne for Sunday Heart Parade
- National Gallery of Australia – Versailles Exhibition – Afternoon Tea Event – Solo Harpist
- Australia Day at the Prime Minister of Australia’s residence in Canberra – Solo Guitarist
- Herbert Smith Freehills end-of-year client evening – Solo Jazz Piano
- Beauty & The Beast Premiere for Disney at The State Theatre
- Southern Cross Club Awards Ceremony, Canberra – String Quartet
- Melbourne Cup Lunch at The Southern Cross Club – String Quartet
- Omega Boutique Christmas Party, Sydney & Melbourne – String Quintet
- Australian Of The Year Awards ceremony at Parliament House, Canberra
- The Commonwealth Club, Canberra
- Century Entertainment – Stringspace Orchestra concerts of Intimate Music from The New World – Final Fantasy at The Melbourne Recital Centre, The Concourse Sydney and in Brisbane. These concerts all received standing ovations
- Sydney Opera House Kids Music Cafe Concert Series – we provided musicians and a full program for 5 concerts over 5 days to the Sydney Opera House