Our jazz band performed in-store at Louis Vuitton for late night shopping. Our Louis Vuitton client said our jazz band were fabulous!
Stringspace performed Christmas carols at MYER in Sydney city, Bondi, Melbourne, Chadstone, Brisbane, Adelaide, & Perth.
On behalf of UniLodge @ ANU I am emailing to thank you and your team at Stringspace for providing us with such beautiful music last night at our ball.
This was the first time we have had a string quartet play at such a big and important function, and after last night I am confident that it will not be our last. Many guests commented on how professional the quartet were and on their amazing performance. We are so grateful that you were able to play for us, and I look forward to more events with Stringspace in the future. Please also pass my thanks on to the members of the string quartet.
Tonight Stringspace are performing at the Department of Education’s Awards Night at Hotel Realm in Canberra.
Photo of Canberra by Max Dupain
“the musicians were absolutely incredible and such a delight”
“Can I just say the guitarist on Thursday was brilliant he played whenever we needed him to and looked like he was really enjoying himself. We would love him back whenever we need someone like that – he was fantastic.”
The music was the perfect fit for our event.
“Thanks so much for the outstanding performance by your Quartet last Thursday at the Bentley Drivers Club Cocktail Party in the Historic Werribee Park Mansion. The guests had an amazing night.”
Pete Smith – Events Manager at Werribee Mansion Hotel & Spa.
This is just a little note to say thank you for all of your assistance prior to our event, and to thank the musicians who made up the talented string quartet on Saturday night. The music was beautiful and exactly the right thing to set off the exquisite meal and gorgeous flowers.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank them again for staying on after the scheduled time, we were running fairly late, and it would have left a bit of gap if the musicians had left early, so thank you again.
With best wishes,
National Gallery of Australia
Our musicians performed both background dinner music on stage throughout the night, and a special intro for William Barton’s spot didgeridoo performance.
Our latest Stringspace film clip has just been favourited on twitter by its composer – Desmond Childs. Desmond Childs has written a huge number of massive hit songs (over 70 songs in the top 40) including “Livin’ On A Prayer” & “Livin’ La Vida Loca”. I Was Made For Lovin’ You was his first major hit.
So that happened.
Here’s a little blog entry from Pete about the wedding he performed at today:
Actually, it was kinda special in that…
Under the shade of a small willow tree, Lily and Peter were positioned so in every turn of the head there was something to savour; behind them, the sweeping vines growing the grapes used to create famous Mornington Peninsula wines. These wines were then served at the reception in the restaurant, which sat to the left of Lily and Peter. On the right was a tranquil lake, with families of ducks floating past. Together these views served as the frame for the beautiful wedding ceremony of Lisa and Matthew on Saturday afternoon.
Aside from this, it was a pretty straight forward gig.
Everyone loved the band. Our PM even got up and had a dance to Land Down Under.
DAY ONE OF OUR 2015 YOUTUBE STRINGSPACE FILM SHOOT!
Some of the companies & events Stringspace provided live music for in 2015 include:
- Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet – Australia Day party hosted by the Prime Minister Tony Abbott at Parliament House (band)
- Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet – Dinner in hour of the PM of Vietnam at the National Gallery of Australia
- Private family event for Justin Hemmes at his home “The Hermitage.” Our Stringspace Orchestra accompanied Connie, from Sneaky Sound System, for the Etta James song At Last, and then performed a mix of other songs, including Stand By Me by special request
- Omega – “Spectre” launch at Rockpool 1989 – Stringspace Orchestra
- National Gallery of Australia – annual fundraiser dinner
- National Portrait Gallery of Australia – Foundation event
- Harper’s Bazaar – “Woman of the Year”
- Sydney Writers’ Festival – dinner (string quartet)
- Governor of Victoria – event at Government House
- Festival of the Melbourne Cup
- BMW – Series 7 preview at Penfolds Winery, Adelaide
- Melbourne Racing – Cellar Door media lunch
- ANZ – event at Rod Laver Arena (solo harpist)
- IPAA ACT – dinner at the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
- The Living Edge – Alexandria Store Opening Party (string quartet)
- NSW Art Gallery – Archibald Exhibition – Opening Night (string quartet)
- ANZ/Herbert Smith Freehills – Archibald Dinner (string trio)
- Harbour Rocks Hotel
- Q & A – pre-show entertainment for the TV show Q&A at Parliament House, Canberra (string quartet)
- Werribee Mansion – “The Refectory” launch
- Film Score – solo violin recording
- “One Girl” Education Scholarship – Fundraising Concert with Syrian Violinist Mohamad Hamami in Fitzroy North, Melbourne
- Murdoch School of Law – Perth (string duo)
- Department of Education – Awards Night
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Spanish Evening (solo Spanish guitarist)
- Property Council of Australia – event hosted by PM Tony Abbott at Parliament House (string trio)
- The Gables – Celebration of Elders (string trio)
- Performing “Somebody That I Used To Know” alongside guest speaker Natasha Pincus (video artist for “Somebody That I Used to Know”) at The Randwick Racecourse
- Henschke Wines – 4 solo cellists in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Adelaide
- ANU UniLodge – Ball
- Bentley Drivers Club – hosted by Werribee Mansion, Melbourne
- Joe Hockey’s Budget Night (string quartet)
- Porsche – Melbourne VIP client event (jazz piano)
- Jigsaw Music – Recording sessions at Sonar Music, Fox Studios
- Law Council of Australia
- Omega – VIP Christmas party (Stringspace Orchestra)
- Louis Vuitton – Christmas shopping night (Jazz band)
- MYER – Christmas Carols across 7 stores in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane & Perth