- Studied: BMus in violin performance at the Canberra School of Music
- Orchestra: Canberra Symphony Orchestra
- Festivals: International Chamber Music Festival
- Pop: Human Nature
Stringspace events: National Portrait Gallery VIP event, Nespresso Boutique Opening at Canberra Centre, event for the Department of Immigration at New Parliament House, HSBC Stringspace Orchestra event at the National Portrait Gallery.
Most recently Rebecca performed at Parliament House for Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. This Stringspace string quartet event was hosted by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Rebecca features on our Youtube channel StringspaceLive.
- Studied: BMus in Violin Performance at The Canberra School of Music – 1st Class Honours
- Orchestra: Australian Opera & Ballet Orchestra; Principal violinist with Canberra Symphony. Leader of the baroque style orchestra for Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas, directed by renowned early music specialist Geoffrey Lancaster
- Other Projects: Stopera – Opera by the Lake
- Festivals: Bloom Music Festival – Seven Rooms presented by Pro Musica at the Ainslie Arts Centre
- Events: State Dinner for American President Barak Obama at the Great Hall, Canberra & Princess Mary & Prince Frederich performance at New Parliament House
Stringspace events: Stringspace Orchestra HSBC event at the National Portrait Gallery, Garvan Institute’s 50th Anniversary gala evening, Opening of the Inner Worlds Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery for the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Ewan features on our YouTube channel StringspaceLive.
- Studied: Full scholarship holder for the Advanced Performers program at the Australian National Academy of Music. Youngest Australian cellist to receive the LMus A at aged 14.
- Orchestra: Canberra Symphony Orchestra; The Haydn Bande
- Festivals: International Summer Festival in Salzburg on Scholarship
- Solo: Haydn’s C Major Cello Concerto with Musica da Camera.
- Awards: Prize winner of the Dean’s Award of Excellence at the ANU. Lois Simpson/John Painter cello prize for most outstanding cellist at the Canberra School of Music
- Pop: Katie Noonan Australia Day Canberra broadcast
Stringspace Events: Stringspace Orchestra for HSBC at the National Portrait Gallery; National Portrait Gallery VIP event; event for DFAT.
- Studied: 1st Class Honours graduate from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music – Bachelor of Music; Masters Degree at the Staatliche Hochshule and Advanced Studies Certificate at the Musik Hoschule Freiburg.
- Fellowship position with the Staatstheatre Darmstadt and Akademie position with the SudWest Rundfunk’s Symphony Orchestra, Stuttgart
- Awards: Sydney Moss Scholarship & Australian international study grants
- Orchestra: Australian Opera & Ballet Orchestra, Orchestra of the Antipodes & the Badisches Staatskappelle, Karlsruhe.
- Other Projects: Featured musician for Oscar Award winning director Jane Campion in her films “The Water Diary” and “Bright Star.”
- TV: Australian Idol – orchestra
- Pop: Live performances with a number of indie bands at Festivals & venues such as Tropfest, the Basement and the Kirk
Isidore divides her time between Germany and Cooma. When in Cooma Isidore lives with her artist father Imants Tillers
- Studied: 1st Class Honours graduate in Violin Performance from the ANU
- Orchestra: Principal violinist with Canberra Symphony Orchestra, Canberra Chamber Orchestra, Haydn Bande
- Festivals: International Chamber Music Competition
- Solo: solo violin recital at the Embassy of Spain
- Other projects: Formed the klezmer bands Closet Klezmar and Triplica and has performed at all the main folk festivals in Australia
- Pop: Katie Noonan Australia Day broadcast from Canberra, Delta Goodrem, Anthony Callea & Olivia Newton John
Stringspace Events: Stringspace Orchestra at the National Portrait Gallery for HSBC; National Portrait Gallery VIP event
- Orchestra: Currently core sub-principal member in the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra. Bianca has also performed with the Nederland Bach Ensemble, The European Union Baroque Orchestra, Canberra Symphony & as Concertmaster with the New Dutch Academy Orchestra
- Studied: Masters from the Royal Koninklijk Conservatorium, The Hague (Netherlands), 1st class honours Bachelor of Music degree from the Australian National University
- Solo: Violin soloist on ABC Classic FM
- Awards: winner of the Italo-Australian Woman of the Year Award & winner of the Queens Trust Award for Young Australians.
- Corso di Musica Antica in Urbino, Italy
Stringspace Events: Carrick Institute awards ceremony at the Hyatt, Canberra
- Studied: Completed her BMUS/BVA combined degree of violin performance and painting at the ANU; Full scholarship holder at the National Academy of Music.
- Orchestra: Canberra Symphony Orchestra
Stringspace Events: National Public Sector Women In Leadership summit at The Boathouse; Nespresso Boutique Opening at Canberra Centre; Department of Immigration event at New Parliament House
- Studied: BMUS majoring in flute performance
- Orchestra: Sydney Symphony Orchestra – Sinfonia & Canberra Symphony Orchestra
Stringspace event for DFAT.
- Studied: First class honours degree in Music from Trinity College Dublin, Masters degree in Advanced Accompaniment from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London. Masterclasses with exceptional musicians including Dame Felicity Lott, Sir Thomas Allen, Dame Thea King and James Galway
- Awards: the Michael MacNamara award for excellence in performance; Broadwood Fellow of Accompaniment at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow
Recent performance venues: the National Concert Hall Dublin, Cork Opera House, St. Martin in the Fields London, Teatro Della Maestranza Seville, New York University and the Austrian Cultural Forum New York, as well as live broadcasts on RTE Radio 1, Deutsche Welle television and RTE Lyric FM.
Film Music: live and recorded improvisation of scores for silent and experimental material.
Elaine arrived in Canberra in 2011, having moved from Vienna
Campbell – Prize winning classical guitarist:
Campbell is an award winning classical guitarist currently completing his Bachelor of Music in guitar performance under the tutelage of Timothy Kain and Minh Le Hoang. He began studying the classical guitar at the late age of 16, and now at age 21 he is developing a reputation as one of the leading guitarists of the young generation. He has appeared on ABC Classic FM, ABC Radio National, Fine Music FM and ArtSound radio performing as a soloist and chamber musician – particularly as part of the Canberra Guitar Quartet, alongside Andrey Lebedev, Callum Henshaw and Andrew Blanch. He has performed around Australia as a soloist in a number of the country’s most prestigious venues, including recently featuring in the Canberra International Music Festival.
He has been a prize winner in numerous national competitions and eisteddfods, including 1st prize in the 2013 Open Victorian Guitar Competition, 1st prize in the 2013 Australian National Eisteddfod Open Guitar Competition, a Finalist in the coveted Open Sydney Eisteddfod Instrumental Scholarship, open to all instruments nationally (excluding piano), and as a duo Campbell and Callum Henshaw were awarded 1st prize in the 2013 Sydney Eisteddfod Open Instrumental Duo competition.
Campbell has recently been selected as a Semi-Finalist in the forth-coming Tokyo International Guitar Competition.
- Studied: Lucy commenced harp studies aged six. ANU Bachelor of Music Performance degree (Honours) and scholarship holder at the reputable Exhibition Programme (WAAPA)
- Orchestra: Australian World Orchestra, principal harp with the Australian Youth Orchestra, Canberra Symphony Orchestra, Tasmanian Symphony and Sydney Sinfonia
- Awards: Most Outstanding Music Student prize
- TV: X Factor
- Solo: Lucy has performed as a harp soloist on Stateline and for ABC Classic FM. She has also performed as a soloist for Queen Elizabeth II, former Prime Minister John Howard and former Governor General Michael Jefferies
- Other projects: Lucy has performed with the Halcyon Ensemble, Yothu Yindi, and Vladimir Ashkenazy
- Prizes: Churchill Fellowship for Harp Technician Studies in Italy
Stringspace Projects: soloist on a Guinness TV Commercial filmed at Melbourne’s Premier Studios.
Lucie Miller | Stringspace Founder & Director:
Stringspace Director: Establishing Stringspace in 2003, Lucie has organised music for events hosted by U2 (at the Sydney Opera House), Tiffany & Co., Alannah Hill, the Sydney Opera House, The Department of Prime Minister & Cabinet, Australian Film Director Peter Weir, Hopscotch Films, Bell Shakespeare, Sydney Theatre Company, Melbourne Fashion Week, Sir Richard Branson, Ferrari Maserati, Sydney Writers’ Festival, Sydney Fashion Week & Global TV. She has collaborated with Melbourne band “Architecture in Helsinki” on a string quartet performance project of their songs, and provided recording musicians to the Australian band “The Presets.”
Most recently Lucie performed as part of the Stringspace String Quartet at Parliament House for Their Royal Highnesses William and Kate – the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. This event was hosted by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Other Stringspace events for the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet include: string quartet lunch music for the President of France, a jazz band for the Prime Minister of Japan in Perth, The Prime Minister’s Christmas Party at Kirribilli House, a string quartet lunch music for Russian President Putin at Guillaume’s – The Sydney Opera House, a string quartet for Chinese President Hu Jintao, a jazz band for the PM’s Australia Day party at Parliament House, a solo guitarist for Australia Day at The Lodge (2017) and many other events hosted by PM John Howard, PM Tony Abbott, PM Kevin Rudd, PM Julia Gillard & PM Malcolm Turnbull.
Lucie has organised private orchestra concerts for Sir Richard Branson, Justin Hemmes; an orchestra for the Sydney preview of the James Bond movie “Spectre“, an outdoor public orchestra concert for Claremont Council in Perth, an orchestra for IKEA, an acclaimed year-long public chamber music concert series for The Prince of Wales Lodge in Adelaide, and many simultaneous jazz bands & string quartets throughout Australia for MYER.
She has booked string players to perform on episodes of the TV show Home & Away, and regularly organises musicians for the National Gallery of Australia, Art Gallery of NSW and the National Portrait Gallery.
Lucie has provided numerous jazz bands for Tiffany & Co. – in Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide, and a jazz band in-store for Louis Vuitton. She has organised a solo violinist to perform throughout Australia for M.A.C Cosmetics – including a performance at Vogue Fashion Night Out, and a string quartet for the Harpers Bazaar’s Woman of the Year Awards Night.
Lucie has booked orchestras to perform music in popular Final Fantasy concerts in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, and music at the State Theatre for Disney.
She has staged a string orchestra performance of House of Cards at the Sydney Town Hall for Vivid Festival.
In 2017, Lucie organised an orchestra for the Sydney Opera House so final decisions on the new acoustics being installed in the Joan Sutherland Theatre at the Sydney Opera House could be made.
Lucie has organised musicians to record string parts for acclaimed arranger Jessica Wells of Jigsaw Music at Sonar Studios, Fox Studios; musicians for pre-show entertainment concerts for the TV show Q & A, and has programmed and is directing two concert series for the Sydney Opera House in 2017.
Lucie has toured extensively performing in hundreds of concerts throughout France, Germany and Australia with the The New Philharmonic Orchestra of Cologne (1999 – 2002), and has performed with the Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra from 2003 – 2016. She has directed, edited & produced all the Stringspace film clips that are featured on our YouTube Channel StringspaceLive, and comes from a family of third-generation professional musicians and artists.
Other corporate Stringspace clients include: Macquarie Bank, Herbert Smith Freehills, the ACT Government, The NSW Treasury Department, Estee Lauder, The Garvan Institute, the Australian Performing Rights Association, Aria Restaurant, Grandiflora, Australian Guild of Screen Composers, Allphones Arena, AFTRS, BHP Billiton, Chanel, Coca-Cola, BMW, Sonar Music, Dion Lee, Omega, Gourmet Traveller, Jones Lang La Salle, QANTAS, Mercedes, Optus, Rolex, Flying Fish Restaurant, Westfield, SABA, Rio Tinto, SwissRe, Ticketek, Volvo, Westfield, Hardy Brothers Jewellers & Porsche.
Studied: Bachelor of Music (ANU – Distinction) & Graduate Diploma in Violin Performance from the Sydney Conservatorium (scholarship) – with a major in painting from Sydney College of the Arts. Many High Distinctions in chamber music.
Orchestra: Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra, New Philharmonic Orchestra of Cologne, Canberra Symphony, Sydney Philharmonia & The Sydney Opera House Orchestra.
Awards: ANU Chamber Music Competition 1st Prize winner – String Quartet, and many awards & prizes from the Sydney Conservatorium.
Collaborations: Sydney International Spring Festival – Ensemble Offspring, Artistic Residence with CODA at the Australian painter Arthur Boyd’s “Bundanon”, Architecture in Helsinki.
Concerts: Liza Minelli, Delta Goodrem, Anthony & The Johnsons, Harry Connick Jr, Andrea Bocelli national tour, Tina Arena, Anthony Callea & Guy Sebastian.
Recordings: Delta Goodrem, Guy Sebastian, Human Nature, Architecture in Helsinki.
TV: Australian Idol, ABC “The Sideshow”, X Factor, YTT, Women’s Weekly Christmas Special, Home & Away
Video clips: Human Nature
Film Soundtracks: Australia, Happy Feet 1 & 2, December Boys, P.S I Love You
TV Commercials: Telstra (solo), Qantas & Westfield Worldwide Advertising Campaign
Festivals: Shostakovich String Quartet #8 in nightclubs as part of the Sydney & Canberra Fringe Festivals; Grandmaster Beats Festival at the Hordern Pavilion
High School: Sydney Conservatorium High School
Other: Stringspace Nightclub Performances at The Mandarin Club & The Midnight Shift; Sydney Fashion Week
- Lucie arranged almost all the Stringspace pop songs for string quartet that are listed on our repertoire page.