Standard Stringspace Performance Fees:
(Total price includes confirmation deposit and GST)
Within 0-30 mins travel time from CBD
|Hours||String Quartet||String Trio||Violin & Cello Duo||String Solo|
Please note these prices are for weddings & private events only. Prices for corporate events, concerts, recordings, artist collaborations, rehearsals & TV appearances may vary.
Please email Stringspace for locations that are over 30 minutes from the CBD, and for events longer than 1.5 hours.
Live Performance Requirements:
1) One chair per musician without armrests.
2) Adequate reading light and performance space.
Shelter from direct sunlight or rain is required. This may mean finding a location that has shade, eg. shade from trees, a veranda close to the ceremony or a gazebo. A large secure umbrella is also a popular solution.
If raining an alternate location for the event is required. Please note the alternate back up inclement weather location must be organised to fit within the same booked time.
Events longer than 1.5 hours:
- The musicians will require one 10 – 15-minute break per hour. Breaks can be organised to coincide with speeches. The first break occurs after the 1st hour. Please note 2-hour wedding ceremony bookings only require one 5-10 minute break.
- Please provide refreshments for events longer than 1.5 hours, and a meal for events longer than 3 hours.
HOW TO BOOK WITH STRINGSPACE:
Choose 1 form of contact:
- Use the online enquiry form from the Enquiries page.
- Email your enquiry with date, time and venue address.
- Call Lucie directly on 0412 582 437.
Step 2: Stringspace will email you a quote.
Step 4: Stringspace will email you a Music List Form & Confirmation Receipt.
Please allow 2-5 business days for your receipt.
Step 5: Please return your completed Music List Form & ensure final payment is made to Stringspace by 30 days prior to your event.
It is important to read all information carefully before making a booking.
EXTRA BOOKING INFORMATION:
1) Wedding Bookings:
- We recommend making wedding ceremony bookings for 1.25 – 1.5 hours so that music can be performed as your guests arrive. One hour can be fine too, we just recommend that you arrive on time.
- 1 bottle of water per musician for outdoor events is appreciated.
3) Booking Time:
- We always recommend booking for the maximum amount of time that you think you may require.
- Overtime is $2 + GST per musician per minute. There is also a $50 + GST admin fee.
- There is no guarantee our musicians will be able to stay for unexpected overtime.
- We don’t provide amplification for string bookings.
- Please note amplification (for strings) is not usually required unless you have over 130 guests.
- Amplification can be booked at an additional fee for Sydney based events. 30 days notice may be required.
6) Special Requests:
- All special requests from our repertoire lists must be finalised at least 30 days prior to your event.
- Songs that are not currently listed can potentially be arranged at an additional fee.
- Prices usually start at $300 + GST per song for a special request Stringspace arrangement
- We don’t sell our Stringspace sheet music
7) String Duos:
- Our String Duo prices are for Violin & Cello.
- The String Quartet will require 2 x 3 metres.
9) Complimentary set-up time:
- Musicians are expected to arrive approx. 10-15 minutes prior to the start of a scheduled event.
- It’s possible for our string musicians to be seated in one space for the start of a booking (E.g. ceremony), and then another area later (E.g. canapes).
- It usually takes approx. 10 minutes to reset a location
- We recommend having chairs set up in both places for a quick more seamless, smooth change.
STRINGSPACE JAZZ/POP BAND BOOKING INFO:
Standard Stringspace Band Performance Fees:
(Total price includes confirmation deposit and GST)
Within 0-45 mins travel time from CBD
Extra fees will apply for including a singer. Prices may vary depending on which singer you are interested in booking and whether they are required to bring their own PA. Extra prices may also occur if a singer is required to learn a new song.
Jazz & Pop Band Amplification:
Amplification is usually recommended for events that have over 130 guests, however, double bass and guitar will almost always need some amplification. Stringspace can provide their own jazz/pop band amplification for events with up to 250 guests. Please note all venues must have access to electrical outlets. Singers may require professional AV.
Most venues will have a PA system for dealing with sound requirements. They’ll also usually have an AV person who is on-site to operate the desk/sound etc. It’s still best to double check this with your venue.
Our band consists of a combination of piano/keyboard, bass, drums, guitar & saxophone. E.g a 3-piece could be guitar, bass & sax OR keyboard, drums & bass.
You can book either a jazz OR soul/pop band with Stringspace. Usually, our jazz musicians can also perform soul & pop styles too. Please mention which style or styles of music you are after at the time of booking.
We recommend booking a 3-5 piece band for dancing (so that you include both drums and bass). We also recommend considering a PA system for extra volume.
Stringspace jazz/pop band musicians aim to be set up & ready to perform by 30 minutes prior to the start of your event.
Extra band info:
Please provide refreshments for events longer than 1.5 hours and a meal for events that are 3+ hours. Please note our band musicians require 1 x 10 – 15-minute break each hour for all bookings that are longer than 1.5 hours.
Please note full payment is expected (and appreciated) at least 30 days prior to your event. Charges may apply for late and overdue payments.
Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard & AMEX.
- A 1.5% surcharge applies to all VISA, Mastercard & AMEX credit card payments.
- If you would prefer to make your payment via credit card over the phone please call Lucie @ Stringspace on 0412 582 437.
Cheque or Money Orders:
Cheques and money orders are to be made out to “Stringspace.” Please contact Stringspace for postal address details.
Westpac – Neutral Bay
BSB: 032 197 ACC: 283 767
Reference: Your Name
(If paying by direct deposit please nominate your name as payment reference in the comment field and notify Stringspace by email).
Stringspace business details:
ABN: 174 75 3425 05
Stringspace is one of the few agencies that has Workers Cover for its musicians.
Limitation on Liability:
The liability of Stringspace for any damages arising out of any booking, and/or any performance, is limited to the total amount of any fee which would otherwise be payable for such a booking or performance.
Stringspace is covered for Public Liability by Marsh Australia for up to $20,000,000.